Cody Rhodes On Which Gimmick He Misses, WWE In Bridgeport Tonight (Reports Wanted), Barrett, NAO




John Cena vs. WWE Champion Randy Orton in a steel cage and Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio is scheduled for tonight's live event at Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport, CT, Saturday's live event at the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Uniondale, NY, and Sunday's live event at the Sun National Bank Center in Trenton, NJ.
- You can meet Wade Barrett this afternoon from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at FYE Westfield Trumbull, 5065 Main St., Ste 180 in Trumbull, CT.
- As noted earlier, The Courant has an interview with Cody Rhodes here, who was promoting tonight's live event in Bridgeport, CT. During the interview, Cody was asked about his past gimmicks and if he missed the mustache.
"I don't miss the mustache," Rhodes admitted. "It was a wonderful talking point at signings, and I felt very much like an '80s professional wrestler with the mustache. It was like, you'd see me in the airport and know I did something silly. I think if there's one [character] in particular that I miss — I didn't realize I was ever going to take the mask off, which was kind of stupid because I was 27 when I had it. You've got a lot of career [left]. You haven't even entered your prime yet. This may not be the endgame, but I really enjoyed being under that thing. There was this side of me that it brought out. There was also this eerie confidence I had with certain elements of my game. I say I miss it, but the truth is that mask is under the ring at every WWE show. I guess it's a bit of a spoiler, but at some point in my career, I wouldn't be surprised if I pulled the apron up and then put it on one more time, that's for sure."
- The New Age Outlaws will be appearing at Steiner Sports located in the Roosevelt Field Mall in Garden City, NY this Saturday from noon to 2:00 p.m. Tickets are required for autograph and photo opportunities. You can get more information at this link.
- Daniel Bryan vs. Kane in a steel cage headlines this Saturday's live event at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, NJ and Sunday's live event at Broome County Veterans Arena in Binghamton, NY. The Big Show, Big E, Christian, Rybaxel and Cesaro are also scheduled to appear at both events. The Shield vs. The Wyatt Family in a 6 man tag team match is also slated for Saturday's show in Atlantic City.
- The Shield will be appearing at the Adventureland Store in Voorhees Township, New Jersey this Sunday from 11:30am until 1:30pm. You can get more details here.